Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me

It is a strange day in American history. Crime rates are at their highest, employment at it's lowest. Babies being born into an unforgiving society full of sloth, death and hatred. A Democrat in the White House and more special interest groups than can be counted. It is a strange day indeed. But with all the propaganda flying and murder and war, my mind is on another subject, big surprise huh? I am completely engulfed in my own insecurities and fears that just won't seem to leave me alone. There isn't a five minute period that i don't think something catastrophic is going to go down. Some major event i might miss if i go to sleep before 4 a.m. Some person i might not meet, or even worse, one i might lose. I run circles around my mind 24/7 thinking about what COULD go wrong in my life. Fear is the Devil's advocate. If i am so afraid to live my life the way i want to, i will die a lonely, broken old man with nothing but regrets to look back upon. I choose not to live that way today. Instead, just for this minute (i can't promise any longer than that), I'm going to live the way that feels good to me. Not to society's standards, not to the ultimate "cookie cutter" that i call the modern world, but instead, to my own standards that make me feel like a success, that make me feel like i haven't missed out on anything today. Is someone doesn't like the way i conduct myself in my professional life, social life, love life, or personal life, then they have the right to go shove their opinions up their ass and keep fucking walking. If i end up pissing some people off in the process, so be it! They have the same opportunity that i have. Take it or leave it.

I am The Distiller, and i approve this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment