Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Overwhelming Change


As i sit alone, one hand raised toward the sky, in what seems to be some ritualistic dance, I stretch the tired from my bones. One more key stroke, one more fading memory. The past is what makes us. It is also, sometimes, our downfall. If you remove a single brick from the foundation of a home, the whole structure becomes unstable. Such is life. If we try and remove a single memory, an experience, a past friend or lover, then we jeopardize ourselves as a whole. If we do not embrace everything from our lives, good, bad and indifferent, then we cannot say we are living a life of truth. Mistakes are made along the journey we have labeled "life". However, these mistakes can be turned around and used to our advantage. We must take hold of our pasts, no matter what memories arise, and accept them as they are, no if's and's or but's about it. I learned this lesson today, perhaps a day late, buck short, so on and so forth..... All i know is I, as a person, I cannot be ashamed of my past, nor can i pretend it did not happen. Because of this, I must hold my head high and trudge through this time in my life with honor and civility. If I do not, I will just be filling my soon-to-be-made past with more and more regrets and shame-invoking actions. My life is my playground. If I don't enjoy it, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment